Saturday, May 19, 2007

Youth and Elders:


Thursday, May 17

We attended our son Jonathan’s graduation from UNB law school today. Like any parents, we are very proud of him and excited that he is coming to do his articling year at a local law firm – an example of a graduate who will benefit from the Liberal tax credit and contribute to the Island economy. Elizabeth and I arrived back home at 5:50 pm and I set out on the COLD campaign trail. I covered Green, Granville, Summer and Central Streets. Change is in the air; change is everywhere.


Friday, May 18, 2007

Today I visited the seniors’ apartments on Linden and Lefurgey Avenues. Our elders have so many stories that need to be told and we can learn so much from their experiences. This wisdom, coupled with the idealism of our youth, is an awesome force. Unlike my fellow candidate, Cynthia Dunsford, I have not been bitten by any dogs but I have been on the receiving end of a few razor-sharp tongues. One can also learn by listening to them and I respect any one who has the commitment to stand up for their beliefs. I also canvassed on Water Street and at Wedgewood Manor. In the evening we attended the rally at Westisle School and the place was rocking – the numbers and the energy increases as each week passes. I am anticipating a corresponding rise in the polls.

No comments: