Sunday, May 27, 2007

Reflections and Hopes:

Today was a day of relaxation and reflection. Elizabeth and I went to church this morning and then out for brunch. I spent the afternoon with my older son Jonathan. Elizabeth and I went to the CWL supper and then we had friends over to visit this evening. I have received emails, phone calls and personal expressions of best wishes and support and do appreciate them all very much. I have worked very hard to get the party platform out to the residents of District #22 and have been humbled by their kindness and welcoming gestures. I hope that everyone in District #22, indeed all Islanders, exercise their right to vote tomorrow. No matter what the outcome personally I will never regret my decision to put my name forth as the Liberal candidate for Summerside-St. Eleanors.


Saturday, May 26

Today some of my supporters blitzed District #22. We wanted the voters to receive the education information as well as a personal letter to the residents from myself. Elizabeth and I attended the funeral of one of my former school principals and a great lady this morning; such an event certainly puts things in one’s own life in perspective. At noon we had a pizza and cake get together at the Headquarters. I continued with door-to-door canvassing in the Sheen Street area as well as in my home poll. Elizabeth, Jonathan and I had seafood for supper at Sharkey’s Restaurant on the Summerside Waterfront – beautiful sunny weather and a great setting! I finished my official campaigning in the Hawthorne Poll area in the evening. Bedtime came early; no problems sleeping for me.

No comments: