Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Schools of Thought:

Tuesday, May 22

I attended the breakfast meeting of the Rotary Club of Summerside. This is one part of my daily routine I have kept. There are many good things done by our club, both in our community and globally, and I am proud to be a part of these efforts.

In the morning I campaigned in the Granville, Coronation and Schurman Ave. areas. At noon I attended a meeting at PC Hospital with staff and the other local Liberal candidates. The afternoon was spent in the St. Eleanors area – Julia’s Court, Burkshire Ave. and Rebecca. I had my first near miss by a canine – small but feisty.

We traveled to Charlottetown to hear the education debate at the Delta. Once you have been involved with education, you never lose the passion for helping people learn. There are challenges to be met, but our team has several members with a lot of experience in this field and I am confident we can work to make our public system even better.


Monday, June 21

Even though it was a holiday for many people, like the other Liberal candidates, I was on the campaign beat. I traveled all over the district. I receive email questions daily and respond in as timely a manner as possible. Young people ask questions that are “right on the mark” and, if I don’t have an answer, I research further. Lifelong learning at its best!

No comments: